07 September 2010

I wish this beer existed.

"The veldt of Africa and the Protestant work ethic bring you AARDVARK ALE: Boer beers that never bore."

If you are truly curious, I will post the copy I wrote for each of the three varieties: Old Aardvark IPA, Laager Down Lager, and Flying Dutchman Doppelbock.

Designing this beer carrier and three labels for a hypothetical brewing company was my final project for Advanced Graphic Design. I finished the project almost three weeks ahead of schedule, just so I could put it in my show.

The labels are a combination of hand-illustration, edited and colored in Illustrator; the pattern and color palette are based off traditional South African and Dutch Afrikaans designs.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this project and wish this beer existed, too. If I find a job for you with a small brewing company would you take it? I wouldn't ask for anything in return, just the satisfaction that you really are designing beautiful labels and witty descriptions for a brewery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would drink this beer in a heartbeat!! I mean, it just looks way too good :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! I could definitely see this selling well on the shelves of any package store or grocery :) I'd buy it!

    ReplyDelete