12 November 2012

Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark by anklecemetery
Noah's Ark, a photo by anklecemetery on Flickr.

Apologies for the radio silence! I was in the midst of many things on this bleak earth.

Anyway, this papercut was for a joyous occasion: my dear friend Meg and her husband had their first child, and I cut this illustration of Noah's Ark for the baby's room. Never mind that I didn't actually manage to hand the thing over until after Finn was a year old--I'm assured that children don't have the greatest recall at that age.

This was a lot of fun to cut (and I didn't sustain any injuries, which is an added bonus). It's about 22" and was cut from a single sheet of Canson Mi-Tientes drawing paper, and set against another sheet of the same paper. I used a lot of #11 exacto knife blades. Toddle on over the the Ankle Cemetery flickr account to see more (and more detailed) images of this papercut.

No comments:

Post a Comment